Saturday, February 2, 2008

Undying Love

The gray moon shot up quick that October night
Then hovered nervously, as if in fright
To see my true love’s corpse to be quite unsightly
I have dreams of her screams pounding in my head nightly

Her hair framed a face that wasn’t quite dead
As the worms and the beetles crawled over her head
She showed some emotion, bur remained quite still
Yes, hers was a figure that I could never kill

But that night she told me a terrible tale
About how her love for me started to fail
How she would be leaving for another man
And thereby destroying all of my life’s plans

I decided to take her for one final walk
Where we always would go when we needed to talk
And in our discussion I made it quite clear
Her professions of love were mine only to hear

She listened politely and finally laid down
Now her body sleeps peacefully there on the ground
I visit her often and lay down a flower
Oh, how I am moved by undying love’s power

No comments: