Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Familiar Love Song

She laughs at all my jokes
Stupid people make us sigh
I swear we sat so close
...my iPod touched her thigh
Her presence gives me hope
That someone such as I
Could have a girl to help me cope
With all this withered pride

Self-indulgence runs like diarrhea
Down my pants-leg to the sea-ah
Her and me-ah, her and me-ah
Take her to the pizzeria
Oceans make a whole page crack
Pretending I'm not coming back
Don't go back, don't go back
Pain is black, black, black

She stomps upon my toe
At the playground, makes me laugh
My momma has to sew
Cuz my T-shirt's ripped in half
She can draw her elfin bow
And I will wield my magic staff
Cuz imagination's fun to grow
Walkin' down a wooded path

Adventures end when you're the hero
Without scores, you're left with zero
Drink your beer-o, drink your beer-o
Play her fiddle, play like Nero
Songs will make a white page red
Sorrows bucket, douse your head
What she said, what she said
I'm still thinking what she said

I'll impress her with my wit
I will caw, she will coo
We will shoot the breeze a bit
So glad finding one like you
Toss ourselves into the pit
And fulfilment we'll pursue
But we'll find that when we've quit
Only hatred has ensued

Bedtime made only for sleeping
In the mourning, hear the weeping
We're all sleeping! Stop your peeping!
Once alone, commence your creeping
Loneliness will leave the page
And at once you'll show your age
Goodly sage, honest sage
Teach us not to feed our rage

No comments: