Thursday, September 13, 2007

No More

I haven’t cried myself to sleep for almost two days
I’m guessing that means that I’m doing alright
Getting by’s not so hard even if you don’t try
The color of life is gone, but I still see the light

If the sun rose this morning, I wouldn’t have known
Though I do feel its heat on my soft, pale skin
If it got any colder that bird would have flown
Now it eats at the worm that has dug itself in

No more imagination
No more sympathy
No more clutching to crutches
No more love that is free
No more grasping for answers
They’re in front of me
No more vague explanation, no more

There’s no consolation in being the last
When everyone else sees the obvious truth
You find no foundation in seeing the past
Once again, what you see is in front of you

Entangled and baseless and drawing my breath
In a world where air is as common as air
The mind, not convinced, will bring upon death
While the straw-hat civilians pass by without care

No more incredulation
No more symphony
No more clutching to grudges
No more love left in me
No more gasping for air
It’s all around me
No more plagued concentration, no more

No obstacles lay where I cannot quite cross
I’m rolling downhill, but my pedaling’s strained
Though continually moving, I’m covered in moss
Never able to reclaim the loss that I’ve gained

Outside of reality, hand on the glass
I look in to see hot food cooking inside
For a while it gives hope, but this moment must pass
They don’t offer rewards for just being alive

No more incarceration
No more simplicity
No more clutching to judges
In attempts to be free
No mouth gaping open
To swallow the sea

No more false lamentation, no more

No comments: