Friday, September 21, 2007

Rings and Smiles

The day was clear
Our future near
I held you in the lobby
Put the ring upon your finger
Smashing all the chains of fear

The day was gone
My tears came on
Your mother, she sat by me
Gave me words of consolation
My heart ached and suffered long

There’s no way to tell the depths
Deepness of a live connection
Inside searching for direction
For a light inside the darkness
For a shadow in the day

There’s no explanation worthy
Capable of giving notice
Of my willingness for service
For a light which I can harness
For to wash my fear away

What we said would live forever
Was as weak as we all knew
When we said that we were diff’rent
We were kidding ourselves to
O love, maybe not you

I saw your face
For the last time
In a dream I had last night
Sang a song that gave me favor
Said a word that made it rhyme

The dream passed by
Carried by lies
Out the doorway, down the hall
Flying high into the heavens
Left me wishing I would die

There’s no lasso ‘round the moon
That can pull me closer to you
I live off all that I get from you
For a night-light in the dark room
As some dust dodging the broom
Is what’s left of all that hope

Invincibility we claimed
Time has had its victory
Differences don’t mean anything
When it comes down to me
My love, remember me

No comments: