Friday, April 25, 2008

I'd Like to Throw it off

Jealousy, obsession, love, lust & anguish
To throw it all off would be my one wish
Find my inner peace separate from everyone
And never feel again like I've got to get the gun
Run for fun if you want to
You've got no where to run to
Desire follows everywhere
And that's a word that's true
Truth & lying
Peace & violence
All the same as my time commences
Mincing words, hit the dirt
Quick to flirt and hit the skirt
Play the jerk
No other way to play
Unless they call you "gay" today
I've got to say
I'm holding off on scolding first impressions
Unless I want to cause myself an even worse depression
And an even worse obsession
I can't believe I fell this far
The only thing I've left to do is hit the bar
Now its ladies night
It's quite a sight
And everything is right tonight
Or everything is wrong
Put these colored words to song
Take a break for instrumental
Polyrhythmic forces chattering my dentals
Until I
Come back dry
My mind's eye cries as I take a deep breath
Tuck myself in
Roll over in a cold bed
Cold clutching nothing
And that's what I want to throw off
It's the want that leaves me empty

No comments: