Thursday, April 24, 2008

Notes on Change

I'm not involved to increase my influence, serve my own interest, or change things for me. I'm not vocal to hear myself talk, or because those who hear me care. I don't vote because I want to, I vote because I have to. I speak the truth for its own sake, and I stand up for what is right because I must. I become involved because I am compelled to do all I can for the cause of liberty and justice for all. This concern is not a youthful phase or a self-righteous hobby. It is the necessity of anyone who loves life and the freedoms afforded to us by our creator, and ever encroached upon by man.

My actions must reflect my requests of God. If I plead with him to remove a parasite, yet I willingly feed it daily, how can I expect my prayer to be answered? In my actions, I serve Satan in his continuing stranglehold of my will. Only Jesus can break the chains of sin. Only I can allow him to.

No comments: