Sunday, November 2, 2008

Look

Look at me.
That's all I'm really asking;
Just to see your eyes lock
With mine
I lose breath
I'll dream about you later and wake up without regret
One day or two or a thousand years, I'll see you once more

Look at me.
We've let each other in on our little secret
I'm trusting that
You're true
Our fingers touch and it's like a blinding light
My eyes adjust to see yours looking back, smiling

Look at me.
Don't you know that it's the eyes that put the love in love-making?
When we're here
Like this
Separate from the world and naked to each other
Don't you know what it means to warm ourselves in each other's soul fire?

Look at me.
I want to feel your words inside me like a shot of rum
When you promise
I have hope
That the world is full of imbeciles and ignorants
Let them kill themselves with words and the wisdom of man

Look at me.
I want to understand your confusion and ease your pain
Something's wrong
With this house
Let me clear your windows and draw back your blinds
So you can see the colors of the world and the brilliance of our love

Look at me.
When did we need to ponder the question of “enough”?
What has changed
Or been revealed?
Can a scene so lovely be but a mirage in the dessert?
As the crow flies, my home is caught by the wind

Look at me.
A word so spoken must be delivered by your eyes
Not a glance
So cold
Birds fly instinctive paths, but I am blessed with logic
Reason, like peace, is stolen by the denial of your eyes

No comments: