Thursday, November 27, 2008

Six Heroes

Where do they belong?
The feeling and the song
Among the folks who tell themselves that feeling things is wrong
Among the ones who hide their passions, no matter how strong
Put their silence all together and unmute the waiting throng

What am I to say?
To indefinite delay
Of facts and thoughts and inklings that might never have their day
Of chances first forgotten before taken all the way
I can scarcely part my lips before the words are swept away

Why is this our lot?
This hesitance we've got
Where men and women, boys and girls all let their ideas rot
Where anyone who's got a dream will tremble at the thought
And feign the passing of their mind in hopes they won't get caught

How could I relate?
The promise of my fate
To a world that has forgotten that there's anything that's great
To friends and enemies who both scrape the same damned plate
So I'm waiting for my turn, though I know it comes too late

When will someone hear?
The words I'm making clear
That keep me up at night till I can make them reach your ear
That boil up inside me, increasing every year
These words will give me everything; everything but fear

And last I will ask, Who?
Will make their dreams come true
In a place where it is understood; these things aren't up to you
In every way, they'll have to crush perspectives old and new
But their stars will light the night when such heroes are so few

No comments: