Monday, December 3, 2007

All-American

I'm American as apple pie
Gooey center, crispy crust
I'm American like a legless chicken
Or a heapin' bowl a' corn dust
Mix & mash that dust up, make it mush
I'm American like a caged dog
Lickin' steel and bendin' bone
I'm American like the fat lady singin'
when all the cows come home
I'm American like a national ID card
Stars & stripes acrost the top
Carry that 'round with you long enough,
you'll be feelin' pretty American
I'm American like a tank rippin' down a ribbon road
Turnin' daisies, squishin' frogs, & skippin' toads
'crost the pond
I'm American like a large-mouth bass with a lip piercing,
defiant & snaggin' worms
A bag a' worms hangin' on a tree
Ain't American as me
I'm American like Bill O'Reilly (pause)
I'm American like my poppa was
And the way he did, it's the way I does
So clap your hands, all you Americans
And sing the song of good ol' ev'lastin' America

No comments: