Monday, December 3, 2007

Okay, I Admit it

Contrary to popular belief, I am at fault
Chalk and rock salt paint the ground
As I walk through town with my head hung down
Like a hum-drum clown, kids stepping on my big shoes
A painted on frown claims innocence,
but a crushed heart glows with guilt
I loved you like a brand new car
Oh, I'm making this confession
There were times where you were nothing more...
than a possession
But my obsession grew
And my depression too
I learned to let my happiness ride on you
Yes, I loved you
And to this day I can't tell why I failed you
Yes, I admit that it was me
Scratching itches, all my pleasures temporary
And it's scary that I had to get dumped to find that out
How contrary to what I always shout or rhyme about
Hypocrite!
That's my name
And if you say it and click your heels three times,
everything will stay the same
And the shame of losing everything,
carrying that blame
Is enough to make me lie... awake at night

No comments: