Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Goodtime Activist

I have a problem with people
Who point out the modern evils
Whether pointing at a steeple
Or at their governmental weasles
But, please don't misunderstand
Because I think dissent is healthy
But dissent is never spent
And comfort belongs to the wealthy

Selfish politics are being pushed
And sold to the consumer
Where the glory is the person, not the cause
Let's see how many buttons
And t-shirts we can sell
Before they find that our statistics have been flawed

So your candidate won
But there's a war going on
No, there's several and they're clawing at your soul
See, we've broken into teams
To forget about the issues
And there's nothing left to fill the gaping hole

Sold to the highest bidder!
We're back in the swing of dreams
I'm so damned inspired
That I'll join your scene
Fiends for distractions
Actions speak softly
Words scream the loudest
When they're meaningless and costly

Often, I cry at night
Because I have nothing to cry about
Sometimes I die of fright
When no one seems to hear me out
Let's start a pie fight
World hunger, we'll forget about
Turn off the night light
And go to sleep without a sound

That's what they want from you
To lay down and take it
And if you want climax
You'll just have to fake it
Because sex is so fun when you're completely dishonest
And America's been fucked by the best
They wear lapel pins just to prove that they're modest
But beg you to rip off their vest
Chest exposed
Wardrobe malfunction
But don't disrupt their prayer luncheon
Here, munchkin!
Snack on this for a while
Daddy's got to make the trial
We're serving up death sentences and doing it in style
So keep on paying your taxes
Because I swear if you don't that we won't stay our axes
I swear if you don't that we won't check our faxes
Then can we sound mute?
I swear, when your mouth is shut, you look so cute
But I'll give you an excuse
And a little horn to toot
And every four years you can blow it

No comments: